Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Snow Day Scoring

I have been scoring your snow day work in Mr. Hogue's class as you submit or at least trying to keep up with your submissions. Remember, this is formative and while it does not get an actual grade it will be an indicator of how you are doing with your understanding. If your response is in the ballpark I will probably make the remark "good." If I have other or more answers than you have made I will respond "I have other" or "I have x more answers." This means that you should go back and improve your answer. After I have made the response, I will not go back and change my comment. It is up to you to do additional research to add to your responses. After I have checked, made comments, and seen that you have responded to all the notes, I will give you a score of 5. That tells me that I have checked your work. You will have an opportunity in class to take the Reading Challenge and then the next day a graded assessment over the material. There will not be a retake on this assessment and it will be around 20 multiple choice and a few true/false questions. I will try to help you out by making up a study stack over the lesson 30 but cannot make any promises. Some of you have not begun your work. You had better get a start as the week is running out very quickly. Next week you will be receiving your next snow day work from other classes.